Department Oriental philosophy and Сulture
|Pulatova Dildora Akmalovna|
|Scientific degree and title:||Candidate of philosophy sciences, professor|
|Post:||Head of department|
|Reception hour:||Daily (14:00-16:00)|
|Tel.:||+99871 256 75 87|
Department “Oriental philosophy and Сulture”
The Department of Oriental Philosophy and Culture is the same age as the Tashkent State University of Oriental Studies, the history of its creation is inextricably linked with the history of the university, originally the Department of Philosophy. Since the foundation of the department in 1991, well-known philosophers-scientists, professors-teachers T.A. Jurayev, M.A. Akhmedova, B.A. Abdukhalimov, Kh.A. Alikulov, U.Yu. Idirov, R.M. Imomaliyeva, B.T. Toychiyev, M.N. Abdullayeva, E.S. Khoshimova, E.Zh. Boboyeva, R.R. Karimov and other.
Since 2001, training has begun for obtaining a bachelor’s degree in «Philosophy (Eastern Philosophy and Culture)», since 2005 «Modern Eastern Philosophy and History», since 2015 for a master’s degree in «Eastern Philosophy and Culture». Since September 20, 2015, the department has received the name «Eastern Philosophy and Culture». Currently, the department has 3 doctors of sciences, professors; 5 candidates of sciences, associate professors; Scientific and pedagogical activity is carried out by 2 senior teachers, 1 teacher. It is noteworthy that young teachers are graduates of the university and the department.
In 1991-1993, the department was headed by Doctor of Philosophy, Professor T.A. Jurayev, in 1994-2004 Doctor of Philosophical Sciences, Professor, Honored Worker of Science of Uzbekistan M.A. Akhmedova.
Since 2004, the department has been headed by D.A. Pulatova, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor, Excellent student of Higher Education.
Graduates of undergraduate and graduate programs in the field of «Eastern Philosophy and Culture» work in higher and secondary specialized educational institutions of the country, in various state and non-state organizations; Some of them continue their studies at prestigious educational institutions in our country and abroad. In particular, Aziza Shonazarova, who graduated in Philosophy and was a talented undergraduate student of the master’s degree Oriental Philosophy and Culture, continued her studies abroad, successfully defended her doctoral dissertation in 2019 and was elected a professor at Columbia University, USA in 2020. She was awarded the Order of Friendship of the President of Uzbekistan Sh.M. Mirziyoyev. Today she closely cooperates with the Department of Eastern Philosophy and Culture of TSUOS.
Consul of Uzbekistan in New York – Kakhramon Dalimov is also a graduate of the Department of Eastern Philosophy and Culture.
Since 2018, the department has been actively collaborating in the scientific and educational field with our colleague, Doctor of Philosophy, Professor Makhamatov Toir Makhamatovich, Professor of the Department of Social Sciences of the Financial University under the Government of Russia.
Scientific work of the Department
- Conducting joint research work (conducting research on the subject Final qualifying work, Master’s thesis, PhD)
- Preparation of research projects
- Preparation of analytical materials
Partner organizations of the department
- Institute of Oriental Studies named after Abu Raykhan Beruni of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Coordination and methodological center for the latest historical problems of Uzbekistan under the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Center of Islamic Civilization under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Committee on interethnic relations and friendly relations with foreign countries under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- National University of Uzbekistan, Department of Social Sciences.
- Tashkent State Pedagogical University, Department of Social Sciences.
- Tashkent State University of Economics, Department of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Tashkent State Transport University, Department of Social Sciences.
- Yunusabad Academic Lyceum at the Tashkent State University of Oriental Studies.
- Secondary school 202 of the Chilanzar region.
- Secondary school 193 of the Uchtepa district.
- Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation, Department of Social Sciences.
Scientific directions of the department
- The values of Eastern philosophy and their place in the spiritual life of Uzbekistan.
- Philosophical views and logical teachings of Mir Sayyid Sharif Jurjani (1339-1431).
- Methods of scientific knowledge and problems of the reliability of knowledge.
- Correlation of scientific knowledge and humanitarian ideals.
- Philosophical analysis of the human problem in Freudianism.
- Socio-philosophical ideas in the «Introduction» by Ibn Khaldun.
- Comparative analysis of the epistemological views of Beruni and F. Bacon.
- Philosophical and conceptual analysis of the worldview of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Analysis of the problem of being in the work of Ibn Sina «Al-Isharat wa at-tanbehot».
- Philosophical analysis of the work of Mahmud Zamakhshari «Rabi al-Abror».
- Philosophical and comparative analysis of the national identity of the peoples of Japan and Uzbekistan.