Goal 5: Gender quality
Gender equality is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world. There has been progress over the last decades, but the world is not on track to achieve gender equality by 2030.
The social and economic fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic has made the situation even bleaker. Progress in many areas, including time spent on unpaid care and domestic work, decision-making regarding sexual and reproductive health, and gender-responsive budgeting, is falling behind.
Women’s health services, already poorly funded, have faced major disruptions. Violence against women remains endemic. And despite women’s leadership in responding to COVID-19, they still trail men in securing the decision-making positions they deserve.
Commitment and bold action are needed to accelerate progress, including through the promotion of laws, policies, budgets and institutions that advance gender equality. Greater investment in gender statistics is vital, since less than half of the data required to monitor Goal 5 are currently available.
- TSUOS Girl Leaders Club is launched
- International online roundtable on “Women in science and education in the XXI century: achievements and challenges”
- An event in connection with the “International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women and Girls” in TSUOS
- The International conference namely “Involvement of young women and girls in research activities: advanced experience and prospects” at TSUOS
- “Mother and child” center
- “ORIENTAL” psychological center
- The round table namely “Prevention of crime among youth”
- A spiritual meeting on the theme “The exemplary path of enlightened women”
- The meeting of the women’s council chairperson and leader girls of TSUOS
- Roundtable discussion on women’s issues
- The summit of women speakers of Parliament
- Meeting with the head of the Association of Women and Girls of Uzbekistan
- Rector of TSUOS Gulchekhra Rikhsieva held a seminar for students of the Academy of Public Administration
- International conference “Women in sustainable development: science and quality education” at TSUOS
- Participation of TSUOS in the “The 10th World Women University Presidents Forum” held in China
- International Girl’s Day
- A woman of the 21st century
- “Orientalist Leader Girls” club
- Women in Islam